Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Good Earth


This book was given to me by a friend after she heard of my love for China. It was very fascinating to me, I couldn't put it down. But I don't know if all would feel that way. This story takes place in China and follows a poor man throughout his life. He lives through much adversity and suffering, only to become a rich lord. It was very interesting to read about their customs, and their hardships. The treatment of women was very sad to me, even though he was not a mean hearted man. It was also interesting to read the cycle of poverty to wealth. If you love china I highly recommend it, if you don't you may find it a little slow. I do think though that it would be a good book club book. There were a lot of issues to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment