Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Mockingjay



So the third and final chapter of "The Mockingjay" has finally arrived. I have this series which says a lot, considering I rarely read a book twice. I really like the first two books. A little on the dark side, lots of murder...but still very thought provoking. The final book I really enjoyed the first two stanzas of the book. I could not put it down. Then I read the last stanza of the book. It was so depressing! I got done with the book feeling the need for Prozac. It ended the story I will give it that. But could we at least leave with a little hope? Anywhere?

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this right now and haven't reached the murder yet but I can tell it's coming. This series is a teensy bit graphic for me as well, but it is well written and interesting. I read the City of Ember Series while waiting for this book to come out and really enjoyed it. Similar conditions but written for younger kids so it was lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that this book was a bit slower than the first two. I didn't feel that it was as depressing as you found it, I felt like it left me hope for Katniss. At least as much hope as Katniss is capable of having.

    ReplyDelete