Thursday, September 30, 2010

Size 12 isn't fat



Well this is what I would call a comical mystery. It was OK! There are defiantly some funny parts in it, but I think that the author is a little crass. The plot is pretty basic. The main character used to be famous, but now is working in a dorm at a college to save money for school. When she helps to solve a murder that happens at the dorm. And she like to eat (which is the funny part). But the author gets a little overboard with being size 12 in my opinion. There is a sequel "Size 14 isn't fat either". I actually only read half and then when it was the same plot and nothing really new I moved on. So not a must read, there are better books out there.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know if you've read "The Help". I'd classify it as historical fiction but I really liked it. Really gives an inside to the white attitudes towards black service help in the south. Full of racial oppression and prohibition towards the black culture in the 1960's. We just reviewed it in our book club and I would highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete